I realize it has been a while since I have posted. I have been super busy with Christmas, then working the New Years holiday. Last week I worked Wed., Thurs., Fri., and Sat. night. Then...school started Monday!!!! AAAAAAK! This is going to be the most intense, most stressful, most horrible semester so far! I am taking neonatal assessment and neonatal pathophysiology. I will have weekly quizes, a presentation for each, 2 comprehensive exams for each, and 40 hours of clinical time. I have NO idea how in the world I am going to possibly have time for all of this! Fortunately, the info starts at the beginning of the baby (embryology, then antepartum, the fetus, delivery, the baby head-to-toe, and all anomalies imaginable)!
This week is about embroylogy and antepartum testing, electronic fetal monitoring, and blood flow while in utero and how it changes after delivery. YEAH! This is 3 units in one class...in one week! The info for the 2nd class has not been posted yet and the teacher says she will post it on Wednesday. Everything goes from Wednesday to Wednesday in the neonatal courses. Why can't we have a few more days the first week? God only knows!
Another BIG NEWS for me is..................I am switching to the DAY SHIFT! I think it will be easier with all of the school stuff I will have to do. My last night shifts are this Wed. & Thurs. the 14th & 15th. Then I will start working days on Monday the 19th. I am SCARED TO DEATH!!!! I didn't like working day shift during the week at St. Mary's, let alone the day shift in a unit that is 100 times busier! I have fretted and worried about this for weeks and I am to the point of puking. My stomach hurts daily and I can't even imagine getting up at 4:30 in the morning, to leave the house by 5:30 to get to work by 7AM! I really hope it turns out to be fine, and I am doing all this worrying for no good reason!
Hope all is well with you, and I will keep you posted on what I am learning and fretting about!
Ash
P.S. Kevin is doing great! He is so much happier working in Marshall than in the ghetto! I have a whole new husband! It's great!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck! It sounds like you will VERY busy! I hope you enjoy the dayshift. The first couple of weeks may be rough, but coming from a former night girl, it is a lot easier to have a normal life when you aren't nocturnal!
Post a Comment