Well, the first week of school wasn't too bad, but the switch to day shift the next week....was a true KILLER! Getting up at O-dark thirty (4:30 to be exact) and leaving at 5:30 really sucks! Then when the roads were slick, I left my house at 5 and arrived at work by 6:30. And to top it all off....I get to park off site and ride the bus to the hospital! This really sucks! There are times when you have to wait 5-15 minutes for the bus, then ride in this short bus to or from the hospital. And if you need to go to human resources for anything....you have to ride a different bus to the Hallmark building! You can get there in no time, it is around the corner at crown center, but you have to wait 30 minutes or longer for a bus to come and take you back to the hospital! I would rather just drive and risk losing my car in the parking garage, than riding that bus!
School is going OK. Last week, I learned about Genetics, Post-term deliveries, birth injuries, the respiratory system, and cardiovascular system, Cord gas analysis, and Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension.
This week, I am going to learn about physical assessment of the newborn at deliveries (thank god I have been doing that for a while now), gestational age exams, apgar scores, AGA/SGA/LGA infants, thermoregulation, and fetal circulation (in-utero vs. once the cord is clamped)! Can you believe this is all for just one week!?!?!?!
As for the family, Kevin is checking into heating & air-condition units for the house. We are debating on whether or not to build new, or just keep sinking $$$ in this house. He is so sintemental (don't know if this is spelled correctly...sorry) it makes me sick! He remembers all the fun times he had as a kid here, that he doesn't want to rebuild. His mom is the one that says to go for it. I am a little shocked bacause this was her parents house. I think she sees how much it will cost to make it up to par with what we truly want. Kevin wants to do a little at a time, and only do what we can afford. I keep thinking that if we do that, we will never get ahead and by the time we finish what needs to be done RIGHT NOW, we will have to start over and replace what we have already replaced! Do you see the never ending saga?
On the other hand, I am so busy with school and stressed about how it could ever be possible to keep up with this crap, that I am not thinking about the house. I feel like a horrible wife for not thinking about it, but I feel like there are too many fires to put out myself. I wish Kevin would just make the decision for me and just DO IT, without consulting me. He wants my opinion about EVERYTHING, and I truly don't care right now. I have told him to just make the decision and figure out how to pay for it himself. I know he will make the right decision. Right now I really don't CARE!
Oh, I am taking NRP on Friday at St. Mary's, See you there!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment